I would like to thank straightthroughheart from the depth of my heart for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I also apologize for the delay in response as I was busy with my exams. It is a great way of motivating new bloggers and interacting with them.
Following are my answers:
- If you won the lottery, what would you do?
I would give the money for the education of poor kids. In fact, I believe that all of us should pledge to educate at least one poor and disadvantageous child.
- If you had a chance for a ‘do-over’ in life, what would you do differently?
The question reminds of a quote, “If I get a chance to live my life again, I will make the same mistakes, only sooner.” Also, I would begin reading literature earlier.
- On a sleepless night, which would you prefer:- 4AM friend or 4AM snack?
- What was the best compliment you received for your writings and from whom?
I received a compliment from a very close friend for a poem titled, “Illusion” which I would share shortly. These were words, “Give that poem to me and I will make people read it and tell them that I have written it.”
- What is your best childhood memory?
When I imagined the first story.To clarify, I began making stories a long time before I began reading literature.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
I would travel back in time and meet my favorite poet, Tagore. If time travel is not allowed, then I will go to Kailash Mansarover to watch Lake Mansarover – a holy, freshwater lake, which calm even in the wildest of the storms and Lake Rakshastal – a lake in proximity of lake Mansarover, but unlike Mansarover, it is devoid of life and is wild even in the calmest weather. It would be great to watch two starkly different lakes together as if God and Evil are there at the same time.
- If you could only keep five possessions, what would they be?
- Power of imagination
- Family and Friends
- Ability to reason and question
- My Lucky charm
- What are your top three favorite books and why?
- A beautiful mind by Sylvia Nasar – A biography of a great Mathematician, who begins to believe that aliens are trying to contact him and make him the leader of their project. It is in my list because, it is a perfect real life story of human struggle for recognition and efforts to get the best of everything, when you are indeed born with great abilities.
- A brief history of time by Stephen Hawkings – The way it interprets the universe and our position in it is marvelous. It is intriguing and wonderful.
- I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai – The struggle and will of a teenager to educate herself is contagious. She preached for education despite living in a Taliban affected area. However, many believe Malala to be the heroine of this book. In my opinion, her father is the real hero, who not only vouch for girls’ education himself but also inculcated the will to be educated in Malala and encouraged her in her endeavor, despite the threats from Taliban.
- What feels like love to you?
Love is caring. It is easy to say that I love you but hard when it comes to caring. Love without care for the beloved is nothing.
- If you could witness any event of past, present or future, what it would be?
I would witness the two world wars and watch how everything went for a toss only because a few beings were overtly ambitious.
- What will the last line of your autobiography read?
I may die as a being tomorrow but as long as my ideas live in anyone’s mind, I will be alive.
The official rules of the Liebster Award:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link of their blog, on your blog.
Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget”
Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
List these rules in your post.
Inform the people/blogs that you have nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
I would like to nominate following people for the Liebster Award
- Mani Srivastava
- Kritika Vashist
- Raj Abhishek
- A two sided truth
- Girish Jalihal
- R I P
Following are my questions:
- If the world is going to end tomorrow, what would you do?
- Which are those three books that changed your perspective of the world and how?
- When did you think that you have grown up?
- If you can trade your life for something, what would you ask for in return?
- What is your deepest desire?
- If you have unlimited money and time, what would you do?
- Who is your idol and why?
- If you can make three wishes, what would they be?
- If you are to write history again, what would you change?
- Which is your favorite classical work and why?
- If you get a chance to meet someone from past or present, whom would you prefer meeting?